Edward II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edward II

A forum to discuss the reign of Edward II and 14th century history

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome A New Member

Go down 
+2
elflady
bodmanj
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bodmanj

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Welcome A New Member Empty
PostSubject: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 am

Hi, my name is John, I live in London UK and I am happy to become the latest member of the group. For many years I have been trying to convince people that our beloved Edward II was not the sex crazed, shallow, egotistical, weak puppet of a ruler my history teacher of many years ago would have us believe. From the history books I have read it does seem to me that our Edward, the first Prince Of Wales (and guess where I was born? Ha!) has received a very bad press. I am hoping this forum will help to redress the balance and paint the King more as a handsome, dedicated man, fiercely loyal to his friends and in terms of embracing his sexuality, many centuries ahead of his time. I for one would like to pay my respects to him here and later in the year I shall be visiting Berkeley Castle where history believes him to have been murdered. I shall place some flowers near the King's Dungeon on behalf of the group... Edward RIP xx
Back to top Go down
elflady

elflady

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 am

Welcome, John!
Back to top Go down
Alianore
Admin
Alianore

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi John! A warm welcome to the forum, and I'm delighted you've found us. A friend of Edward II is a friend of mine. Smile

I totally agree about the bad press Ed has received. While I would never deny that he was hopelessly unsuited to be king and made countless mistakes, a lot of the criticism he gets is really unfair. In so many ways, he was a man out of his time, incomprehensible to his contemporaries - but much more in step with modern sensibilities.

I visited Berkeley in the autumn of 1326 to pay my respects to him, and Gloucester Cathedral too. I hope you really enjoy your trip, and I'd love to hear about it.

Have you seen my blog, by the way? It's dedicated to Ed II, and presenting a more sympathetic view of him. http://edwardthesecond.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://edwardthesecond.com/
boswellbaxter

boswellbaxter

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com
Kate Plantaganet

Kate Plantaganet

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Glad to have you join the forum John!
Back to top Go down
Melisende

Melisende

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:20 am

Welcome John!

So glad to have you among us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/9329
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome A New Member   Welcome A New Member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome A New Member
Page 1 of 1