Edward II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edward II

A forum to discuss the reign of Edward II and 14th century history

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Piers Gaveston

Go down 
+3
elflady
Melisende
Alianore
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Anejre

Anejre

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:04 pm

I expect Piers gave something special to Ed as well! (saucy grin on my face!) santa
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Just started reading 'Where Nobles Tread', a novel from the 1970's about Piers. What strikes me about this novel is that this Piers has something in common with Piers in 'Alice', another novel from the 1970's - Piers is a 'medallion man'! Very 1970's! lol! Both novels make reference to Piers having his shirt open, revealing his chest, and sporting a medallion - which of course he twirls about between his fingers.
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 pm

oh, and another thing - he seems to have a thing for the ladies in both novels - although he does dally with Ed in 'Nobles'.
Back to top Go down
Alianore
Admin
Alianore

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 pm

LOL, Where Nobles Tread is hilariously 1970s. Smile The content as well as the cover. Piers 'grits' an awful lot during the novel, rather than 'saying' something (as in "'blahblah' the Gascon gritted"). He's definitely bi in this one. Isabella commits adultery with wild abandon, and no-one seems to notice or care. The earls of Lancaster and Warwick talk to Edward with an insolence and contempt they would never, ever have got away with. I can't say I liked the novel, to be honest, but I didn't dislike it. I found it hard to like any of the characters, though.
Back to top Go down
http://edwardthesecond.com/
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 pm

And Piers 'rakes' Eleanor alot as well. Plus, everyone who grabs hold of her bruises her easiy. lol! I quite like Piers in this one. There is some evidence of his charisma here. Haven't finished it yet - but think I'll start my fiction review with it, over at Piers' blog, as it's fresh and it's not a bad interpretation of Piers. And yes, the cover is hilarious! Why isn't Piers displaying his manly chest?Smile

Ed is portrayed hideously, isn't he? (except when he's lusting after Piers Wink ). I think the curators at Caerphilly Castle must have read the book and it influenced their bio on Ed!

Last edited by Anejre on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Just printing off your latest bad boy bio to read later:) It's a lengthy one! Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Alianore
Admin
Alianore

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 am

Piers should definitely be showing off his manly chest. It's appalling that he isn't. Wink Glad you liked the bad boy post, hehe!
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

I always like a badboy Smile I reckon Piers would have waxed his 'manly chest', if it were possible then - don't you? lol!
Back to top Go down
Alianore
Admin
Alianore

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Ohhhh, most definitely! Very Happy

My feeling is, that novels featuring Piers, even if he's only in it for one scene, should have a topless picture of him on the front. lol! tongue
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:54 pm

I reckon Ed would agree as well - oh, and I bet he'd like to wax Piers! Piers would be a definite metrosexual if he were around now! jocolor Don't think Ed would be though - although his hands may be a bit too rough for Piers, who'd then insist he moisturise king
Back to top Go down
Alianore
Admin
Alianore

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Quote :
and I bet he'd like to wax Piers!
*Big grin*

Yeah, Piers would be a real metrosexual if he was alive today - and I bet he wasn't too thrilled about Edward's outdoor hobbies! "Honestly, Ned, digging again?? Let me give you a manicure." lol!
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 pm

oh yes! I can just see Piers with a set of clippers. lol!
Back to top Go down
Anejre

Anejre

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Managed to get hold of John Colin Penfold's 'The Gascon' and have just finished reading it. It strays very far from what we know about Piers - there's an invention of an ancient blood feud, the chronology is all over the place, and it is heavily fictionalised! Nonetheless, I liked the portrayal of Piers and the relationship with Edward - although Edward s exceptionally weak in this novel. Worth a read for 'purely entertainment' value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piers Gaveston   Piers Gaveston - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piers Gaveston
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6